Closed Thread
Page 72 of 166 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 122 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanitation Exam 6063 List

Quote Originally Posted by TTodaro View Post
    Now from what I gather from you guys and friends of mine in the DSNY there about to hire 300 people? Is that right and what do you guys think my chances are with a list number of 4057 when the last hired was in the 600's? Thanks so much every and I'm sorry to sound like such and idiot. -Tommy
    The first thing I can tell you is that don't believe everything you hear. A lot of it is gossip mixed in with a little opinion. If this was any other test from the past and you said your # is 4057 I would say "don't worry you'll get on before you know it." Don't get me wrong that is a good number when its out of 30,000. Will it get up to? Nobody can know for sure but I can give my opinion. Personally I still think you got a shot. The next couple of class, when they do happen, will tell a lot about the list. For example, if they end up calling say up to 1000 for the next 100 they will be going through 358 people, plus those who turned it down. If that happens I would say yeah you still got a shot. If they only go to say 750 for the next 100 I would say it's looking kinda grim. Unfortunately with this list it is a lot of playing by ear. It stinks but that's how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by futuresanman
    Why have round 2 of the physical when they had only reached up to #484 at that time. We were not only being lied to but they(DCAS)must think that we
    are stupid or uninformed.

We should sue them(class action lawsuit)for either (A)refund for the physical or (B)+5 on the next exam, which of course may not make a difference since the next DSNY eligibles list will be 60,000+.
    They have to keep a pool of people ready just in case. Should it be that many people probably not I agree with you on that one. And I think they (DCAS) were just uninformed but more likely where speaking form what happened with past tests.

I know your blowing off some steam when you say to sue them and totally understand but they probably have some fine print somewhere where it say you are not guaranteed a job or something like that. Do you really think that many people will take the test after what went down with this list?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes
    I don't wear panties I wear G-strings
    Too Much Information on that one Grapes
    The statements and views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views or opinions of DSNY or The City Of New York.

2015 Chart Calendar
    2014 Chart Calendar
    Sanitation Exam 6063 List
    New Sanitation Workers Uniforms

You have a point there James about the next DSNY exam, you can say the reason why the list is 29,000+ from the 07 exam is because they hired a lot from the 2003 exam(#8,259).
    But the economy plays a big factor, but you are always going to have people who wouldn't do this job no matter what. Another factor is the possibility of a new pension tier but I don't
    see that happening anytime soon(25/55).

Since the 6063 list was established on Feb/08 up until now, they have hired 300- a few who were fired/quit. It would be interesting to know the number that have retired since then or left
    the job for whatever reason. I would think it's a lot higher then 300. The old saying that history repeats itself doesn't apply to the 6063 list unfortunately.

Maybe let DSNY administer the next exam, dump DCAS(eliminate the middleman). Maybe the process would work better. Why is the DSNY physical test so easy?

I had a friend who got called recently and he use to work DSNY human resources he said on average about 20 people per month combined counting for retires,fires,quitting , and getting hurt.. So just say about 250 a year.. More or less.. I'm presuming .. I think people forget also bloombergs demoting 100 supers last year kinda put a speed bump on the progress of list also... But still if you call dcas .. Dsny requested I think the first round of eligibles into the database .. I don't remember what list # that is I think 2000-3000 so we will see . Happy 4th everyone ...

1st round= 3,759. DCAS says the last eligible certified is #3,615. Why they stopped at that number, beats me.
    I don't think certified mean the same as outstanding certification. Be safe out there tonight.

What does that exactly mean when they say "3,615 eligible certified"?

Quote Originally Posted by thom View Post
    What does that exactly mean when they say "3,615 eligible certified"?
    It means the portion of the Civil Service List officially sent to City agencies and from which they can hire.

Run-n-dump

I keep hearing 300 around september october. Chief of safety n training has told instructors. Also says the union.13 week process. Should be anyday now. Somebody keep me posted.

i just got a call from by buddy in q11... memos went out this morning asking for volunteers for fbf training ! GREAT NEWS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad397 View Post
    i just got a call from by buddy in q11... memos went out this morning asking for volunteers for fbf training ! GREAT NEWS !!!
    You beat me to it. I came home to no power yesterday so couldn't post anything . But this is definitely great news and it shows that they are beginning the process. This is the time now for everyone to make sure that all your information with DCAS is up to date. Don't want to miss out because who knows how long the wait will will be until they hire next.
    The statements and views expressed are my own and do not reflect the views or opinions of DSNY or The City Of New York.

2015 Chart Calendar
    2014 Chart Calendar
    Sanitation Exam 6063 List
    New Sanitation Workers Uniforms

I was waiting for you to post, lol. You have a good enough reason with the power outage though. I got an automated message from Con Ed saying that they reduced power
    to my neighborhood and to call them if there were any problems. I did hear that there was a fire at a Con Ed substation in Corona yesterday.

Will we finally pass the #1,000 mark from the list by the end of this year? Stay tuned folks.

Closed Thread